Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Music/Books/Frisbee


Lately I've been listening to - The Bad Plus, a jazz band that do crazy cool covers of songs you know, Paul van Dyk, trance music, and my roommates country band playing Ophelia in our apartment a lot. links - badplus

I've been reading - Usher by B.H. Fairchild, an incredible and super heady book of poems that are just out of this world, links - The Gray Man ; Frieda Pushnik . I also just read a little 7 comic series called Eternals, written but not created by Neil Gaiman. Also read Neil Gaiman's The Books of Magic which was okay, but he has way better stuff out there.

I got the job as the prose editor for our school's Literary Magazine, The Leviathan! I'll send y'all issues when I start working on them next fall, it should be pretty fun - it's a good group of people working on the magazine.

One of my friends, Lisa Sundeen, and I are currently working on a big project to move to paperless teacher evaluations which would be posted online for students to see, so that you could know how a teacher or class is rated. We are modeling this loosely on Pomona's one, but our goal is to make it the standardized version of class/teacher evals for all classes so that teachers aren't doubling up with their own evals.

Got a costume tournament in kansas this weekend - i think we have 9 people going which should be tough but fun. Bravo early tryout scrimmage against mamabird tomorrow night. That's about it. Everybody post - it's good for ya.

What's everyone else reading/listening to?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update!!! and Happy Easter! Hope the tournament went well - call tonight or tomorrow to catch up. Can't wait to see you Thursday! xoxo -Michelle

    ReplyDelete