Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sorry for Lack of Posting Lately

So Trouble In Vegas... was a bust. We went 3-1 for the tournament (loss to illinois, but beat oregon state who beat illinois) but the tournament ended up being cancelled on saturday morning which was super lame. We found a small park and did some random scrimmages against other teams (lewis and clark and some people) - but nothing super serious. The strip wasn't as fun either - because they didn't organize a party, but oh well. Decent time overall, but for vegas/13 hour drive (26 total) it needed to be better.

Got in a little trouble recently because I slept walked into a girls room and she woke up to me eating pretzels at her desk - crazy, I know. I've sleptwalked two or three times in the last year, but really none the year before last. It's pretty infrequent but really lame. Anyhow she freaked out to wake up and find some random guy in her room (in a towel no less) and then I guess I just left and went back to sleep in nikki gurley's room. The girl told her RA what happened and then they were in freak out mode, but aparently i had some sleepwalking conversations of complete nonsense with nikki (ex. nikki asked me where I had been, and I told her "the second floor bathroom", then she asked why because she lives on the 3rd floor and I never go to the second floor bathroom, and I replied "because it's the normal one." and when they realized I was sleepwalking everything was ok. Anyhow, it was really weird/irritating.

Anyhow I'm in a creative writing class taught by a woman named Bonnie Nadzam - who is brilliant and a great teacher. She is a grad student of TC Boyle if any of y'all read his stuff, which is also good. I'm really liking the class, and I have to write 15 pages for tomorrow (trying to get us to write without thinking too much), so this is all for now.

Also, I applied to be a NUTC counselor - which, if i get, would be incredible.

Thanks for reading, more updates after this weekend (im headed to Albuquerque, NM for a tourney.)

2 comments:

  1. if you were a NUTC counselor would you work all the sessions? how much of the summer is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its basically just the month of july and the first week of august

    ReplyDelete